Thursday, January 19, 2012

Phone, Where are you phone???? (A little heavy)

I was going to take a chance at my second chance at college today when I went to see about a class at Richland Community College.  Randomly during my computer time yesterday (Tyler and I now are sharing my computer because his computer went to crap), I thought about looking to see what classes this semester are either online or a hybrid that way I could maybe, just maybe, take a class.  On our way there I thought about my previous semester's bill and not really ever remembering receiving a notice saying that it was paid in full.  Upon getting to RCC I was just going to try to sign up for the HLTH 140 (medical terminology) class but Tyler brought up the fact of the previous semester's bill. 

Well I went to the cashier's office to find out whatever the balance was, the lady said that it was $600 and that it had to be paid in FULL before I could sign up for any other classes.  RCC said that they try twice with the auto payments and after that they stop.  Well, we NEVER received a notice saying that they stopped trying and that I still had a balance.  They shouldn't assume that people have the internet readily accessible and check their balance online. 

Ugh!  While Tyler & I just got paid and had the money in the account, it would just kill us financially if I were to have paid off the bill ($600) and signed up for the payment plan for HLTH 140(3 payments of $90; 1 month at a time until the bill is paid off) AND the cost of the textbook ($50).  That and the class actually would've started TODAY so I knew it was a long shot.  Oh well!

Walking out of the University of Decatur-Northside, I was a little down.  Tyler had tried asking me what I wanted to do next, as if to try and cheer me up to no avail. 

With a sleepy "Bubby" we went to eat at a yummy place called Buffalo Wild Wings.  The last time we went there when Ethan had missed a nap time like this, he just was so unconsolable and made a huge scene even though our waitress was super sweet and totally understanding.  This visit was smooth.

Going back to the class thing, I had a last ditch effort idea to pay off the bill.  To win enough money on a lottery ticket would have been AWESOME and with my luck it could have been slightly possible.  Two tickets, same game; Tyler got one ticket and I the other, but the last effort failed and I have to move on :(.

Almost a daily occurance, I lost my phone AGAIN!!!  Beyond frustrating, I wonder if Tyler knows how upset I get with myself when I am constantly losing things and my mind just blanks completely.  I am lucky when I can partially trace my steps back to maybe narrow down the location of my things.  Sometimes I have joked that I have young persons Alzheimer's disease, but with each passing day and each time I lose something I get more and more bothered by it.  Its like there is nothing that I can do, and I just hate having absolutely NO control over something.  I JUST HATE IT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment