Sunday, January 15, 2012

Can you hear that noise?.....No?.....Well I can :(

This has been the most action packed weekend that I have had in a while...sad I know, but hey I do the best I can with what I have; that and I am in Decatur and I didn't leave the town the whole time...not bad right?

Friday-True it was Friday the 13th but I don't think too much about it.  I don't go out of my way to avoid the day but I won't celebrate it either.  All the people on facebook who talked about getting Friday 13th tattoos are just dumb.  Why put something on your body so permanent that doesn't really mean a thing at all and spend money on it.  There is someone in particular who, maybe a month or so ago, talked about how they weren't going to be able to give their kids a decent Christmas because of a court proceeding that had frozen their bank account.  It even went as far as asking people to donate to an account that they could access the money to be able to spend on Christmas...
I'm kind of glad I didn't donate (not like we had the money to give ourselves), especially since they wasted someone's money on a Friday the 13th tattoo.  Now it seems like they have so much money to spend and not really saving much of their paychecks at all.  Are they dumb?  Did they forget how they asked people for money and now that it seems like they have it, they aren't saving a dime???  I realize that the courts had frozen the bank account but they can still save away even in just a shoebox at home.

Sleeping in until 8am now is such a total luxury, and on this day off of mine I slept in until...roughly 7:30a which I'll totally take since I am usually at work by 4:45a.  I completed another part of my CNA journey at about 11:15am since that is when I finished taking my state exam at RCC.  Some of the questions were like "What the hell?!?!?!"  The professor definetly did NOT cover some of the material that was in the test.

Alot of the girls from class (okay, maybe just about half of the class) got together for a lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings.  That place is so much about sports, which I love, and the food is YUMMY!  As a mommy I enjoy the place because they have several high chairs and booster seats.  Plus a nice clean bathroom with a changing station!  The place I would highly recommend!

Friday night was just plain awesome-ness!!!  Even though it was a bit cold and windy out, Lexie, Ethan, & I (in one car) and Tyler in the other went out to the St. Louis Cardinals' Caravan at the old Holiday Inn.  Lexie was just so excited to get to meet REAL players who got to play in the world series.  The best part for me was that I got to win 2 things in the raffle amongst the several hundred people who attended.  I now have a World Series Champion DVD and t-shirt!!!  Winning!


Saturday-Ick, well I guess I had to work sometime this weekend and it went by especially fast because I got sent home early because the business was just crawling along.  Saturday night, we had a ladies party watching Miss America.  "Grammy", Lexie, & I all watched and thought that the winner (Miss Wisconsin) was such a beautiful and gracious winner.  Lexie was able to spend the night and how I wish that I was able to stay up a bit longer because she wanted to watch a movie, but I was soooooooo tired.


Sunday-Nothing to exciting to the start of this particular day, but I did make breakfast!!!  Go me!  Went to church which is always so nice and relaxing except it wasn't.  The ringing in my ears came back as it does from time to time, but today it roared it ugly head around lunch time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment