Wednesday, January 4, 2012

E made a friend

Tired!  Tired!  Tired!  Tired!  Tired!  Tired!  Tired!  Tired!

I think that I have pretty much summed up how I felt after working my first (of hopefully not many) overnight at work.  It wasn't that it was super busy or that I had some rude customers but it was totally unrealistic of how it would actually be when I do an overnight by myself as a manager.  There were 5 people there working it as opposed to the usual 3. 

The whole shift was a blur anyway.  I went in and it was dark, when I left it was still dark and when I got home it was dark.  But as soon as I layed my head down on my oh so comfortable looking pillow it was light and appeared that I would definetly NOT get any sleep.  The feeling just running through my body was strange because it felt like the previous 8 hours just was a void and didn't happen.

Later on, Tyler, Ethan & I went to really our sad excuse of a mall to walk around and I went because I certainly couldn't fall asleep.  Yet another store is closing at HPM!  Is it really the economy in general or just the Decatur area?  I had gone into the Kitchen Collection before but never bought anything because the salespeople always attacked you the moment you walked into the store.  So the stores closing within the past few years are: Pac-Sun, Kitchen Collection, Old Navy, Waldenbooks and then there have been stores that have moved from location to another location within the mall...which is TOTALLY ANNOYING!

The best part of the trip out there was when Ethan got to play in the kids area of the "food court".  The absence of all the big kids was kind of nice because E man had free range of the place.  And finally a little 2 year old girl came to play as well.  Ethan enjoyed getting to play with someone else his age and he played peek-a-boo with her as well.  This little girl could walk and run easily and everytime she would run Ethan just laughed out loud.  She was just tickled pink each time Ethan giggled.  He ended up giving up the little one a kiss on her cheek!  What a little gentleman!!! :)

Tomorrow is hopefully going to be smooth because I would like to take Ethan to the library for Baby Talk...we'll see because I could be super tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment