Monday, June 4, 2012

More than a thousand words...

Tonight was his first, well, second night at home from being gone to Louisiana. And before his return my heart just about dropped because he told me that something had happened to my car during the trip south.  I don't know what state he was in, but on some interstate a semi truck had "kicked up" some rocks and a couple had hit MY car's windshield!  WTF?!?!?!?  I got so upset because I didn't want MY car to go in the first place, but because it was in better shape and had better gas mileage; my car it was.  


Tyler sent me a picture of the windshield and the picture, well, said more than a thousand words.  The crack/dent, or whatever, just looked horrific. 


Well, when I got back to the house after eating lunch with my mom at Krekels (yum!)  I had to take a few things and put them in the garage.  This was the best opportunity for me to check out my car because I was soooo afraid to the night before.  Ehhh, well, it does need to be fixed maybe by like Safelight or something, but the car is still driveable!  ta-dah!!!


I watched Miss USA last night and with tradition I made my top 10 list.  I am tooting my own horn by saying that of the top 10 I correctly predicted 7 and of the top 5, I got 2!  Lexie, my niece, correctly predicted the winner!  Good job Lexie lou!


The most productive thing I did today was cleaning out the fridge.  Man, there was a lot of crap just sitting in there.  The worst of it all was so many containers had some mold in them.  Yuck!  As hard as I plan on working tomorrow to get the kitchen completely cleaned, I hope that Tyler will actually do something to help keep the house cleaned.  I'm not even asking for him to clean; just to help maintain it!  


Goals tomorrow: kitchen cleaned, no tv in the morning for Ethan, go on a walk, and (does anyone know if they've opened it yet) sign Ethan up for the summer reading program.  Because that is just about all that is offered in this town for young kids....






Oh yeah, she doesn't know it yet but I am hoping to take Lexie to a Cardinals game next Sunday!!!!!!!!!!




P.S. I am going to start "reviewing" area restaurants that I eat at to see how "mommy/family friendly" they are...meaning is there a changing table (men's rest room too), available high chairs/booster seats, how accommodating the staff are, etc

No comments:

Post a Comment